Mason Jars! Mason Jars! Mason Jars!
Mason Jars by the dozens, were left over from Amber’s wedding last September. No reason to let them sit around and go to waste. I hit up Pinterest for some inspiration on how to re-purpose the jars and came across the two pictures below. I’m constantly looking for ways to minimize clutter and organize. Personally, can’t stand having items on my bathroom counter; at the same time we use a multiple items on a daily bases. Having mason jar storage in the bathroom will allow me to keep the counters clutter-free and keep my essentials in arms reach. It’s a win-win!
What you need:
- 4 Mason Jars –> or pickle jars, beer bottles, spaghetti sauce jars..etc..
- Wood –> I used 1″x 6″x 37″ (1″ thick, 6″ wide, 37″ long)–>or any type of wood you have laying around or thick/wide branch
- 4-6 Hose Clamps –> I used Size 56 with a clamping range of 3″ to 4″ perfect for mason jars, recommend getting more than what is needed for back-up. Also, if you are using a different jar or bottle ask a specialist what they recommend at your hardware store. (Never be afraid to ask for help)
- 4 Flat Washers –> I used #10.
- Drill –> Recommend having a man with muscles for help.. I reached out to my Dad, which turned into some great Dad-Daughter Bonding ♥
- Pliers & 4-6 Screws & a Pencil
Step 1: Take a pencil and mark where you want the mason jars to be on the wood.
Step 2: Take the hose clamps and wrap them around the mason jars, with the tighten band in the front & mark the center of the back of the band to know where to drill the hole.
Step 3: This is where the muscle comes in!!! Grab the hose clamps with the pliers and drill a hole on the marked areas.
Step 4: Place the hose clamp back on the mason jar and make sure you have the jar facing the way you want it before you screw it into the wood. Place a flat washer between the hose clamp and the marked area on the wood. This will keep the jars stabilized. Once everything is lined up grab a screw and attach the jar to the wood.
Repeat process for remaining jars & BAM..You’ve got Mason Jar Storage!
Kendranote: I left the extra band from the hose clamps on the mason jars and hang my favorite earrings from them but you can take them off if you’d like just be careful because the edges will be very sharp.
For more DIY click here.